Day 2 & 3

The bug that won't shoo fly

Hello Wanderers, 

So far the plan has been working! I have lost 3.6 lbs already, and my muscles slightly dislike me- so we are right on track! The hardest part has been the change in diet, and constant reminder to drink water or consume a snack. It's getting easier, but I have a ways to go. It's amazing how much you hear people at the vending machine when you are hungry for a crunchy snack and are not allowed near it. I've also come to the conclusion that my body doesn't know how to function like a normal being now that I am restricting calories and putting strain on my muscles. The last two nights I nearly crawled to my apartment from my workout, in agonizing pain only Thor can create. But it wasn't my body that was in pain. I had a sky-spinning, gut-wrenching, eye-blazing, ear-stinging migraine headache, and yes, two nights in a row. The next morning I wake up rested (thank you Exedrin PM!) and feeling better, but alas, today I have flu/strep-like symptoms: throat tight and stinging, ears and nose clogged and in pain. Gal-darnit!!!!

Tanya gave me the option to set aside the plan until Monday so that I could focus on being healthy and start fresh and feeling well. But, I am happy with my momentum and the sense of accomplishment and really don't want to set myself back this early in the game. 

For now, I will be trying to heal- but attempting to maintain my mission. If I am feeling better in a few hours after a lengthy nap, I have the opportunity to play softball and do some calisthenics. Wish me luck!

Until next time, 

Bri 

Comments